Wednesday, October 1, 2008

MUSIC ANYONE?

New post tomorrow, Music.

So it is a day behind.  Tonight my brother, my dad and I went to our yearly concert outing.  Once again we went to The Allman Brothers Band concert at Walnut Creek.  It was once again a great show, we had a blast.  The Brothers were awesome.

That brings me to my post.  My post is about the way I see the music going.  I am kind of excited about the path that music is going down now.  I am first going to apologize if this hurts people's feelings, but the simple guitar playing and just playing bar chords for the entirety of a song is stupid.  The people who signed those bands put American music back about 10 years when they did that.  

Now I understand I wish we could have skipped disco as well, but at least they had sort of flashy clothes.  But in the 90's when most of the bands were playing music that the guitarist just knew how to play bar chords and nothing else was stupid.  However, as I was saying, the music has seemed to take a turn.  Everyone across the board is starting to experiment and trying new things.  Implementing new sounds, different instruments and just making music enjoyable again.  

I feel like we are taking steps forward towards a better musical society.

No comments: