Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Prayer

Some of you know that I, like my good friend Patricio Downing, is currently without a "full-time" job.  Stressful in a time where there are a lot of people without jobs in our area?  Yes it is!  Are we panicking?  No we are not!  We are not panicking cause we both feel like there is a reason and a "plan" for what we are supposed to be doing.

Keeping my options open I am trying to pray everyday for guidance or a path to follow.  I know that people very often will get written off for saying, "I am just going to pray about it and let The Lord take care of everything else."  I for one am not like that.  I like to take advantage of the opportunity that The Lord has given me and also in the same sense pray about more possibilities.  I fell like praying can do but so much!  Before some people start to criticize me for what I am saying, hear me out.

I feel like The Lord has given us free will to choose what we want, that I feel is the whole basis behind why God allows certain things to happen to people.  Does God want those things to happen?  No.  Could God stop those things from happening?  In a millisecond.  Because our world is inherently evil and we are broken people.  We have to choose the path that lies before us.  For me in my case.  I, with a passion, am pursuing two different careers at the same time.  

First being my contracting company.   (Warning to all, shameless plug approaching.  I need more and more work, I can do a lot of things concerning building or designing.  If you know of anyone that needs work done, please email me at john.enzor@gmail.com.)  I have big ideas for the company that my wife and I are forming.  Global things.

The second passion is music.  I am currently in a band, Silver.  We are currently not performing so that we can write new songs and record them hopefully in December.  I love playing music with the two guys that I am in Silver with and would hope that this is the "plan" The Lord has for my life in the near future.  I also play at Visio Dei, and The Summit Church and also with a good group called The Shelly Moore Band.  This is a passion in my life that I also have big ideas for.  Global things.

With both of these things the only thing I can do to make sense and make sure that my own desires are not the driving forces behind them, is to Pray.  I ask God to open and close doors everyday.  Some days are more clear than others.  However the one thing I am not doing after I pray is sit on my tail and wait.  I know that I am going to make some bad choices and I know that I am only human and the path is not going to be as clear or easy.  But I trust that through prayer the mistakes are kept to a minimum.  

Sorry for the long post, I had a good Journey Group meeting this morning and wanted to share with you all.

No comments: