Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What?

Do sometimes when you wake up do you feel like this is going to be a weird day?  Today has been that day to me.

I first woke up this morning at 5:45 because on Wednesdays I meet with two guys for journey group, a smaller group that meets to test, build and support one another.  This group is through Visio Dei, the church community we are apart of. 

Well the meeting was good, we mainly just hung out like we do sometimes just to catch up with one another.  I then went to Lowes', this is also a weekly, almost daily occurrence.  When I went there I had a plan, but when I got in, I forgot the plan.  So I had to make one up, luckily I remembered what I was going to do today.

Next I went back to my apartment to change my clothes, cause I work at a construction site and I do not like wearing my work clothes to breakfast.  I just felt weird when I got back.  My wife was getting ready for work and everything between us is good, but there was just something that I felt that made it weird.

I then spent the next 8-9 hours working beside a guy who really hated his job and proceeded to tell me, I think, every half-hour.  I, on the other hand, like my job cause I work for myself.  None the less work was horrible cause of that guy.

Next my wife and I went to home-group in which we had a healthy discussion on faith.  Maybe this is what has gotten me in a weird mood, cause I deal with several faith issues.  Not that I do not have faith that what The Lord has in store for me, but the faith that I will make the right decision and that of how much to question.  I think in a natural, intelligent, truth seeking world we always question.  We always want to know more.  Know how this works, know how this is going to happen, know why something or someone is the way they are.  We are naturally curious.  Well, I think I have come to the point where I only want to question what is valid.  How will I know the difference, I HAVE NO IDEA.  Any thoughts?  Please I could use another opinion.

I sent two emails to four different people (one email per two people).  Two very different emails both seeking some kind of reassurance.  The people who have received these emails may laugh, be freaked out or whatever.  But, I sent them anyway.  Maybe this is my attempt at trying to figure out what I should and should not question. 

So, to those four people I write this.  Sorry if the email freaks you out, I am just looking for some help.


No comments: